After yesterday's article about homemade baked goods, I wanted to share my banana bread recipe. It makes 10 servings. I eat a piece of this right before I head out for my run. This provides enough fuel to keep me going for 60-90 minutes. Enjoy!!!
½ cup of canola oil
½ cup of sugar
2 cups of whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat Oven to 350F or 180C.
- Mix the oil and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Next I beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add to the mixture and stir.
- Next, I add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix.
- To mash the bananas, I add to a separate bowl. I use my potato masher, but you can also use a spoon. After mashing, add the bananas to the mix.
- I place the mixture into a greased loaf pan (I use PAM).
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, I take it out and slice into 10 pieces.
- Next, place in the oven for 5 more minutes
- After they have cooled down, I wrap each individually in foil and freeze.
- To cook. Place in the microwave for about 45 – 60 seconds or for a morning run, place in the fridge overnight.
Post a Comment